Sunday 29 May 2011

And now for something completely different...

Well just a little bit different anyway. You may be used to my rather whimsical images by now, they usually have a very sweet side to them but lately I have been doing some rather different paintings. I have been working with an author on a book about a young teenage witch called Prudence and we have been trying out some different styles of illustration to see what will work. You will introduced to our little witch in a while but in the meantime I have a series of watercolours going up for sale that have a different feel to what I normally do. 

They still, of course, have a rather cute side to them as try as I might I can't draw 'dark' things, however these images hint at something slightly maybe sinister behind the smiles...


This young lady has just gone up for sale on Ebay, the listing is here if you want to see more details. I have about four more in a similar style that I will be posting up for sale soon. 

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend, especially those in the UK enjoying the Bank Holiday!

Claire xx

1 comment: